Advertising is always going to be a fundamental part of business, along with branding and marketing on a general scale. The emergence of digital marketing has made advertising more relevant than it has ever been. We have a lot of brands and businesses at various levels placing ads on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other major social media and digital platforms.
Inasmuch as we like talking about how effective and powerful digital marketing and advertising are, not every business or brand would agree with this fact. This is because most of these businesses place their ads incorrectly and, as a result, do not get the most out of them. In this piece, we are going to be talking about 5 things you should avoid when placing ads digitally. To enable you to create the perfect marketing plan for e-commerce, or any other type of business or organization, you need to know the dos and don’ts. Let’s dive in!
1. Over Capitalization: Avoid including too many capital letters and exclamations marks in the captions of your posts or even in your ad copies. Ensure that your posts look as simple and plain as possible.
2. Walk away from ‘Get Rich Quick’ schemes: Don’t make over exaggerated promises in your ad copies; ‘Make $10,000 in the next 30 days if you sign up now’, this type of caption will have your ad taken down in a matter of minutes so avoid it.
3. Sensitive topics: Do not build ads around topics such as health, weight loss, beauty products, anti-aging and the likes. These topics are seen as triggering in some ways and ads that take on these topics tend to be taken down.
4. Profanity: Do not use curse words, slurs or any type of foul language in your ad copy. This tends to completely piss off and trigger the algorithm to do things to your ads you wouldn’t like at all, so avoid them.
5. Personal attributes: Do not overuse words such as ‘you’ or ‘your’ in your ad copy. Ads that do this tend to be taken down whenever the algorithm notices the frequent use of the words. Try to structure your ad to appeal to a certain group and make it really obvious with your use of words.
Visit this marketing plan for ecommerce
Yes, these platforms tend to have a lot of rules that you might not be fully aware of, but it is still important to know as much as you can and implement them to fully reap the rewards of digital marketing. You don’t have to do it alone; to get the most out of digital marketing and advertising, simply click here to reach out to us.
Casvo Digital has been selected among the Top Social Media Marketing Consulting Services by DesignRush.